don't give up yet

Steven Rodenburg steven at bos.nl
Sat Aug 19 03:27:24 CEST 2000

Sam,

Thanks for the DeCSS package. tstdvd says this about my (in this example)
TopGun DVD:

[root at adagio /mnt]# tstdvd /dev/sr0
Authenticated
Request AGID [1]... AGID 0
Host sending challenge:  09 08 07 06 05 04 03 02 01 00
LU sent key1:  FD 14 D4 74 2A
Drive Authentic - using varient 0
LU sent challenge:  D8 F3 07 A9 70 F0 B4 83 FA BF
Host sending key 2:  35 FE DA 72 84
DVD is authenticated
Received Session Key: F2 4A 3F E6 DD
Authenticated
Received Disc Key: 8C 39 E8 A2 6A A1 D6 8C AC FD
Authenticated

So that looks good (or not, depend on how you look at it...).
However, i run the 2.2.16 kernel and it has no UDF support so i guess i'm
stuck for now.
I tried to use pre 2.4 kernels before but they require to much changes to my
system (it's the only one i've got next to a Sun Sparc box but it's sort of
old and has no DVD) to mock around with it.
When i get my hands on a second box i can use to experiment on and shove in a
DVD player and try vlc there.
But for now. No UDF = no dvd fun  @-(