Vlc - problems : A much better feedback

Gustavo Homem gach at rnl.ist.utl.pt
Tue Jul 18 21:47:51 CEST 2000

		Hi Again Sam: ( or should I say play it again, in this case?)

I continued testing the new Vlc I downloaded, the one that only played pink
shadows and I found that this version doesn't work at 32bpp , altough the older
one did. I tested the following color depths:

8 bpp - just sound
15 bpp - sound, image with some confused colors
16 bpp - Good color, not as smooth as I would want but The best until now !!!
24 bpp - sound and pink shadows
32 bpp - sound and pink shadows

I am writing this to you so it can get documented. In fact at 16 bpp I got the
best results ever, the program does not block the system like the previous
version did. I get some almost decent quality at a 600x450 size. The sound is
VERY low so I have to put a lot of gain on the mixer and it gets "very
mettalic".

Anyway, BIG congratulations to the team and good work.

			Gustavo

               2+2=5 for extremely large values of 2

       .-``'.  I.S.T - Instituto Superior Tecnico
     .`   .`~
 _.-'     '._  Licenciatura em Engenharia Fisica e Tecnologica

	       gach at rnl.ist.utl.pt
               http://mega.ist.utl.pt/~gach