Segfault

Samuel Hocevar sam at via.ecp.fr
Sun Jul 23 13:10:46 CEST 2000

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000, Falk Siemonsmeier wrote:
> OK thanks that works but not realy good maybee I need a better CPU
> or more Memory

   A good CPU is the definite way to get it play smoother.

> can I give the Programm some Parameters to play sound??

   It should play sound out of the box. What does the plugin bank say at
initialization ? You should get such a line :

      Found plugin: OSS /dev/dsp (version 0.1.99*)

   Note that if you want to play the MPEG sound track (default is AC3)
you will have to provide the `-a mpeg' parameter to `vlc'.

> subtitle isnt very good.

   What do you mean ? Is it a rendering problem, or is it just the color
scheme that isn't very nice ?

--
Sam.