VLC Configuration

mpierce mpierce at optusnet.com.au
Sun Nov 12 03:22:33 CET 2000

I first saw VLC mentioned in the usergroup.
Several people said, very easy to install; unfortunately, I've never been
able to install it for one reason or the other. My sys is:
	RH7.0
	gcc-objc-2.95.2-4k10
	gcc-2.95.2-4k10
	gcc-g77-2.95.2-4k10
	gcc-c++-2.95.2-4k10
I try to config as per your instructions and get these errors:
./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-mmx --enable-gnome --enable-fb
--enable-glide --enable-ggi --enable-mga --enable-esd

make
plugins/ggi/intf_ggi.c:35: ggi/ggi.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [plugins/ggi/intf_ggi.o] Error 1

Can someone please advise? I've managed to get a very good working copy of
oms working complete with excellent sound as their group is very active
however, there are some bugs and I would like to see the diffs between the
two progs.

--
Marvin R. Pierce
Director