YUV acceleration unavailable !

Dave Smith dsmith at mypchelp.com
Wed Apr 4 23:46:54 CEST 2001

Hello,

I've searched the archives, readmes, FAQS, etc and can't figure this one out
maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Running a P3-800 with a Geoforce 2 GTS nvidia card.
I have the nvidia driver, I was running 0-9-5 version and SDL 1.1.7.

I get YUV acceleration unavailable.  I am using SDL, it says SDL output
in the vlc window too.

I've upgraded to SDL 1.2.0, and nvidia xfree 4 driver 0-9-769.

This does not appear to have fixed the situation.

./configure --enable-esd --enable-fb --with-sdl

was the latest compile options, followed by make, make install of course

i'm just not pleased with the framerate without hardware acceleration.
hitting Y only produces another YUV acceleration unavailable message.

I'm fairly certain the nvidia drivers are correct-- I used the nvidia
source and installed it, the kernel module loads right and so does X,
and its definately loading the new nvidia module.

dunno if this matters but i use enlightenment window manager.

What am I missing?

dave