CSS Decryption Unavailable?

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Sun Apr 8 15:32:14 CEST 2001

On Sun, Apr 08, 2001, Andrew Gildehaus wrote:

> vlc isn't playing any encrypted DVD, it responds with a message similar to
> "css:  decryption is unavailable in this module"  .. I don't have the exact
> message, since my Linux machine is at work.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated!

   I suppose you are using the official Debian packages. They don't
support decryption yet, because the Debian FTP maintainer are a bit
afraid of putting crypto code into the main tree of Debian.

   I'll try to convince them again when 0.2.70 is out, and in the
meantime you can try the packages available for download on the web
site.

--
Sam.