[ANN] vlc 0.2.70

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Mon Apr 9 10:24:47 CEST 2001

On Mon, Apr 09, 2001 at 05:25:37AM +0200, Samuel Hocevar wrote:
>    One month after the last release, we found enough time to announce
> version 0.2.70 of the VideoLAN Client. We are also glad to welcome two
> new CVS commiters, Colin Delacroix and Eugenio Jarosiewicz, who are
> working on the Mac OS X port.

damn, a day too late :)

I was trying a movie session with vlc yesterday evening. it works, but
it's not yet ready for the big screen (i.e. my video beamer to a 4x3
*metres* wall).

- playback has more artifacts than windos players do, especially in
action scenes
- sound has "clicks" in it in some places, and there's a constant,
low-level but noticable "buzz".

I've applied all the usual checks posted here, and the machine should
definitely handle it (athlon 550, geforce2, 800x600x16bit).

--
-- http://www.lemuria.org
-- http://www.Nexus-Project.net