error playing vlc 0.2.63

jeevo milkha singh jeevo at lycos.com
Thu Apr 12 18:47:27 CEST 2001

Hi all,
I downloaded the vlc version 0.2.63 player and installed it. But when I try to run it using the "./vlc" command the player GUI closes immediately. On the terminal I get the following messages ==>

   intf: interface initialized
   vout: video display initialized (720x576,8/8 bpp)
   Gdk-ERROR**:BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
   Serial 25 error_code 2
   request_code 89 minor_code 0

I would also like to add that I have installed SDL-1.2.0 ( in the /usr/local/include directory ).

Do I need some other SDL libraries ....

Please help...

Thanks a lot
Jeevo