[ANN] vlc 0.2.71

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Fri Apr 13 17:43:31 CEST 2001

Samuel Hocevar wrote:

>    We are proud to announce version 0.2.71 of the VideoLAN Client, a
> bugfix release which fixes most of the issues discovered in 0.2.70.

I am really having a few problems here. Since I moved to xfree 4.0.2
I cannot play anything. xine and oms simply segfault, I hoped vlc
will get through...

Any issues with "nvidia" (0.9-767)driver for TNT2 M64?

0) How do I find the valid values for the many options? e.g.
	vlc --vout ???

1)
$ vlc --help
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.71 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

Usage: vlc [options] [parameters] [file]...

  -I, --intf <module>                   interface method
  -v, --verbose                         verbose mode (cumulative)

      --noaudio                         disable audio
  -A, --aout <module>                   audio output method
      --stereo, --mono                  stereo/mono audio

      --novideo                         disable video
  -V, --vout <module>                   video output method
      --display <display>               display string
      --width <w>, --height <h>         display dimensions
  -g, --grayscale                       grayscale output
      --fullscreen                      fullscreen output
      --overlay                         accelerated display
      --color                           color output
      --motion <module>                 motion compensation method
      --idct <module>                   IDCT method
      --yuv <module>                    YUV method
      --synchro <type>                  force synchro algorithm

  -t, --dvdtitle <num>                  choose DVD title
  -T, --dvdchapter <num>                choose DVD chapter
  -a, --dvdaudio <type>                 choose DVD audio type
  -c, --dvdchannel <channel>            choose DVD audio channel
  -s, --dvdsubtitle <channel>           choose DVD subtitle channel

      --input                           input method
      --channels                        enable channels
      --server <host>                   video server address
      --port <port>                     video server port
      --broadcast                       listen to a broadcast

  -h, --help                            print help and exit
  -H, --longhelp                        print long help and exit
      --version                         output version information and
exit

$ vlc --verbose
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.71 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf error: unknown option `--verbose'
Usage: vlc [options] [parameters] [file]...
Try `vlc --help' for more information.

2) $ vlc -v
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.71 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: interface initialized
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
vout: YUV acceleration unavailable !
input: opening dvd:/dev/dvd
(15:26:30-741.386) css info: GetASF authenticated
(15:26:30-743.233) css info: already authenticated
(15:26:31-010.839) css info: title 2, key E1 69 10 21 99
dvd error: can't find cell
dvd error: can't find title end

I simply clicked "Disc" and then "OK". The above messages then repeat
endlessly.

Copied the file to the hd, vlc now segfaults.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.anu.edu.au/eyal/>