SDL problems

Andrew Huntwork ash at huntwork.net
Sat Apr 14 09:15:53 CEST 2001

I'm trying to use videolan to watch a dvd, as you can see from my
command line.  I can watch this dvd with -V x11, but with SDL, i get the
output below, and no picture appears.  The sound still works great.

I'm pretty sure sdl is ok, because I have an mpeg video file that
videolan can play with no problem using SDL output.

My SDL is 1.2.0.  I used the rpm from www.libsdl.org.  I'm on an i386 rh
7.0 system, using xfree 4.0.3.  My video card is a matrox mgag200.

BTW, qt, gtk, and gnome fe's all have the same problem.

Any ideas?

breck-220-045:~ $ vlc -I qt -V SDL --yuv yuv dvd:/dev/dvd
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.71 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

intf: interface initialized
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
vout: YUV acceleration activated
input: opening dvd:/dev/dvd
vout: YUV acceleration activated
X Error: BadAlloc (insufficient resources for operation) 11
   Major opcode:  142