Is 0.2.63 unstable...???

jeevo milkha singh jeevo at lycos.com
Sat Apr 14 18:51:36 CEST 2001

Hi,
I had downloaded two versions of the vlc player - 2.0 & 2.63. The 0.2.0 version was unable to play the mpeg files stored on hard disk;it just gave a "waiting for stream" message. The 0.2.63 version does not seem to be stable... the player starts, then closes and I get
the following error message on my terminal :

   intf: interface initialized
   vout: Videodisplay initialized(720x576,8/8 bpp)
   Gdk-ERROR**:BadValue(integer parameter out of   range for operation)
   Serial 25 error_code 2
   request_code 89 minor_code 0

Please advise what I shoud do.... I was trying these players on my LINUX 6.1 (kernel 2.2.12-20). Should I try the players on LINUX 7 instead...??? Or is it that these versions were not stable.....??? Should I try the latest player... Please help me urgently....
Thanks in advance..
Jeevo