how to install the vlc ????

PhiloVivero pvspam-dntrepl at hacklab.net
Sat Apr 14 21:03:01 CEST 2001

jeevo milkha singh wrote:

> I had installed the player using the tarballs .... I noticed that the caption says "Latest unstable tarballs"... Did I download an unstable version of the player... Should I instead use binary RPMs to install the player???

You should download 0.2.71:

http://www.videolan.org/download.html

Try again. Many bugs were fixed from 0.2.62 and 0.2.71.

0.2.71 has an additional bug or two that keeps me from watching certain DVDs. If you want a CVS tarball of the 0.2.70 that works the best FOR ME, try:

http://faemalia.net/vlc-philov-10apr2001.tar.gz

That advice is probably only valid for another week at most. If a 0.2.72 is released, you should get that version.

--
PhiloVivero