no video while playing vlc-0.2.70

jeevo milkha singh jeevo at lycos.com
Mon Apr 16 06:42:50 CEST 2001

Hi,
As suggested by Samuel, I installed vlc-0.2.71 on my system using the i386.rpm file and it installed nicely. I have nice interface coming up also but here is the problem....
    When I try to run a file from the hard disk using the command "vlc xyz.mpeg" I don't get any video output. The following messages start coming:

   intf: interface initialized
   vout error: didn't find an Xvideo image input port
   vout error: video initialization failed,video is deactivated

 input: opening xyz.mpeg

  Why is the video being deactivated....and what does "didn't find an Xvideo image input port " mean???

Thanks
Jeevo

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!