how to play files over LAN

jeevo milkha singh jeevo at lycos.com
Mon Apr 16 08:19:28 CEST 2001

Hi,
I am trying to play files over the LAN. For this I am using the vlms-0.1.99h as the server and the vlc 0.2.70 as the client on two different machines.
  Here's what I did :

First I started the vlc on one machine using the command
"vlc -V x11 --server [server IP address]"

Then I started the vlms from another machine using the following command:
"./vlms -d [CLIENT IP address] [filename]"

This was the output on the server terminal :
Playing file [filename]
Sending to default port 1234
Found a PTS - entering main loop
Found MPEG video stream at 0xe0, allocating PID 0x20
Found MPEG video stream at 0xc0,allocating PID 0x40
Synchro Initialisation : waiting for PCR ...
Network loop started

end of PS file

The output on the client terminal showed no errors... but it did no play anything...
What went wrong...????
Jeevo

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!