Compiling VLC for Mac OS X

volrath at mac.com volrath at mac.com
Tue Apr 17 06:39:43 CEST 2001

I can't quite get vlc to compile.  After compiling for a while, it says
this:
(massive link here)
cc: unrecognized option `-rdynamic'
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: lib/ps.a is out of date;
rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
/usr/bin/ld: table of contents for archive: lib/ts.a is out of date;
rerun ranlib(1) (can't load from it)
etc...
After I ranlib lib/*, and start making again, it says this:
/usr/bin/ld: multiple definitions of symbol _g_atexit
intf_gtk.o definition of _g_atexit in section (__TEXT,__text)
/usr/local/lib/libglib.a(gutils.o) definition of _g_atexit in section
(__TEXT,__text)
Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong?  I'm compiling on Mac OS X
10.0.1 with everything that they said was needed.  Dunno what to do.  If
it helps, I can send the full text as well.  Someone lemme know if I
should.

Michael Butler
volrath at mac.com