encrypted dvd probs ctd

mark mark at localhost.localdomain
Thu Apr 19 17:26:45 CEST 2001

On Thursday 19 April 2001 14:42, you wrote:
>> The vlc seems to be looping on the first title which is
> probably empty (just a black screen for instance). You should
> try with option -t n where n is the title number: the movie may
> be on title 2 or whatever.
>
> HTH,

Right, tried the following

[mark at localhost mark]$ vlc -v -t 2 dvd:/dev/hdc
VideoLAN Client - version 0.2.72 Ourumov - (C)1996-2001 VideoLAN

module: browsing `.'
module: browsing `lib'
module: browsing `/usr/lib/videolan/vlc'
module warning: cannot open /usr/lib/videolan/vlc/sdl.so
(/usr/lib/videolan/vlc/sdl.so: undefined symbol: XSetWMProtocols)
module: locking module `gnome'
intf: interface initialized
module: locking module `dsp'
module: locking module `x11'
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 24/32 bpp)
module: locking module `yuvmmx'
module: locking module `dvd'
input: opening dvd:/dev/hdc
css info: GetASF authenticated
css info: already authenticated
css info: title 3, key C9 D0 64 4A 8C
module: locking module `motionmmxext'
module: locking module `idctmmxext'
module: hiding unused plugin module `gtk'
Multiple segmentation faults occurred; can't display error dialog

it plays for aq few seconds then dies, maybe it to do with the
sdl error.  I have tried 2 discs with similar results on
different tracks.

Thanks

Mark