seg faults when resizing

Tony Bibbs tony at iowaoutdoors.org
Wed Apr 25 22:43:02 CEST 2001

I have a DELL Inspiron 5000 that has a DVD player with RH7.1 installed.  I
installed VLC 0.2.72 from the RH RPM (which originally gave me a bunch of
dependency errors but now seems OK).

Couple of things.  When I launch vlc (#>./vlc) i get the following
messages:
intf: interface initialized
vout: video display initialized (720x576, 16/16 bpp)
vout: YUV acceleration unavailable !

I'm not sure if that last line is bad or not.  As you can see, the default
display size is rather small so when I resize the screen (whether it's
playing a dvd or not) it segmentation faults.  Is there an alternate way
to make it full screen (e.g. config file) or is there a patch for this?

--Tony