how to play files over LAN

jeevo milkha singh jeevo at lycos.com
Mon Apr 30 08:37:35 CEST 2001

--

On Sun, 29 Apr 2001 13:27:16
 mayuresh wrote:
>Hi Jeevo,

>Have you tried running Media files off a local disk?

>Have you tried it using Framebuffer?

Hi Mayuresh,
Yes I can play the files which are on the hard disk using vlc... that is not the problem....The problem is I want to play files over a LAN.... I want to use the client-server model... I am using one machine as the server and there are many clients.... The server should send files using VLMS which has been developed ny videolan(but I am not sure whether it has been developed to a stage where it can work properly..). On the client side I want to use VLC to play back these files....
The problem is that when I try to do so , the client (vlc) says :
NetworkOpen:can't connect socket

The server (vlms) says:
Playing file [filename.mpg]
First byte is ....
Sending to default port 1234  ( <=== I think the problem is here... On which port is the client listening on?....... Someone please help)

Then I get
Synchro Initialisatio: wait for PCR...
Netrwork loop started
end of PS file

So you can see my problem.... Can the developers in videolan please help... Also if you can tell me about other resources on the net where I can find a solution to my problem I would be most thankful....
Thanks , all of you....
Jeevo

Get 250 color business cards for FREE!