installation issues

Joshua M. Phillips josh at scoreboardinc.com
Wed Aug 1 17:09:38 CEST 2001

List,
I am relatively new to Linux, and very new to DVD on Linux.  I tried to
locate the archives for this list since my quesiton has probably been
covered, but I couldn't find them.

My setup:

Dell Inspiron 3800 with DVD running Redhat 7.1

Issues:
- Downloaded i686.rpm, installed fine, but segfaulted whenever I would
  try to open a dvd.
- Currently trying to configure from source...downloaded src.rpm,
  installed rpm, during ./configure get the following:

	checking host system type...i686-pc-linux-gnuoldld
	checking for gcc... no
	checking for cc... no
	configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Josh

--
Joshua M. Phillips
Data Operations Engineer
josh at scoreboardinc.com
work:	703-713-9755
direct:	703-713-9289
cell:	703-856-0380
fax:	703-713-9766

This e-mail is intended solely for the person or entity to which it is
addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged information.  Any
review, dissemination, copying, printing, or other use of this e-mail by
persons or entities other than the addressee is prohibited.  If you
have received this e-mail in error, please contact the sender immediately
and delete the material from any computer.