vlc complie problems

Fredric Aston Quansar caf33n at cyberspace.org
Mon Aug 6 16:31:17 CEST 2001

goodday.

with my attempt to have made and install the videolan client, ive been
presented with several error messages (where were sent to stderr, so
im not sure how to append such here easily).  these mentioned were
pertaining somewhat to 'Need and operator' and 'Missing dependency operator'
somewhat periodic.
my os is FreeBSD release 4.3, i386, X, gnome, gtk, ess sound, xpert 98 graphics
card (rage xl), (ive as well another card, with rage 128, however ive yet to
have the appropriate X server to properly use it.), linux emu.
if it would be helpful, id gladly submit the Makefile generated on my
machine by configure (to which options were passed, as described within
INSTALL for basic configuration), please inform.

thank you for your time.

--cf