www.videolan.org is not reachable ???

propeller propeller.bln at gmx.de
Wed Aug 8 02:07:24 CEST 2001

Hi all,

since last night i dont can reach www.videolan.org and
the ftp://ftp.videolan.org.

I tried it with the Internet Explorer under Win98/Me/2000
and also with the Konqueror under SuSE 7.2 .
Always the same result:

"www.videolan.org is not reachable"
("www.videolan.org ist nicht erreichbar")

With other sites i dont have any problem. Do you have problems
with your server or is it the fault of my internet service provider?

If I make a ping to www.videolan.org I get the following message:

Ping videolan.org [138.195.130.75] mit 32 Bytes Daten:

Antwort von 62.154.89.178: Die Gueltigskeitsdauer wurde bei der Uebertragung
ueberschritten.
(Answer from 62.154.89.178: The period of validity has been exceed by
transmission)

Maybe some other germans users of the dsl-flatrate by t-online have the same
problems???

I know this posting is not directly related to the programm, but perhaps
it's the first sign of
internet censorship by blockade a certain IP because of the decss.

Ciao Maik