mirrors?

Samuel Hocevar admin at via.ecp.fr
Fri Aug 10 10:55:39 CEST 2001

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001, Chris Jensen wrote:

> Yes, I'm a bit impatient to try out the latest version.
> Are there any mirror sites I can get the gzipped or bzipped sources from?
> I've had a look at a few cached pages on google but there's no mention of
> any mirrors.

   I managed to upload a tarball to a server outside:

      http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/vlc-0.2.82.tar.gz

   A slightly more recent CVS snapshot is here:

      http://zoy.org/~sam/vlc/vlc-0.2.82-20010810.tar.gz

   Here is the changelog between 0.2.82 and the 20010810 snapshot:

  * Added BSD/OS libdvd by Steven M. Schultz <sms at TO.GD-ES.COM> in
    extras/BSDI_dvdioctl after he suggested us to do so. License is GPL.
  * ./configure now checks for an installed libdvd under BSD/OS and
    falls back to ours if not found.
  * Fixed harmless typos in yesterday's Solaris libdvd patches.
  * Bumped libdvdcss version number up to 0.0.3.
  * Added vlc:loop playlist command to go back at the beginning.
    Usage: vlc file1.mpeg file2.mpeg ... fileN.mpeg vlc:loop
  * Fixed a bug in the gtk interface which caused vlc to go amok after
    having met a zero-sized area.
  * 'snapshot*' rules do not depend on 'clean', and don't use /tmp anymore.
  * Solaris DVD decryption support by Håkan Hjort <d95hjort at dtek.chalmers.se>.

   Again, we are really sorry about the network downtime. You'd have
thought one of the most expensive Internet providers in France would
have been able to solve a routing problem in less than 87 hours (and
still counting...).

Regards,
Sam.
--