No subtitles

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Mon Aug 13 00:53:52 CEST 2001

On Sunday 12 August 2001 11:31 pm, Sune Mølgaard wrote:
> Hi all.
>
> I had my little siter visiting, and we watched some movies, which made
> me observe, that subtitles doesn't seem to work. The movies in question
> is "Scary Movie", region 2 and "Chrouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", region
> 6. In neither case did subtitles appear after having selected this option.
> Please respond as to how, I can provide you with more info to resolve
> this problem.

Subtitles are only working with non-overlay video outputs, that is the x11
(vlc --vout x11) and sdl (vlc --vout sdl) outputs (with the sdl output you
have to use the 'y' key to switch to software rendering mode).
They are still not working with the high performance Xvideo output but this
is being worked on.

--
Gildas