Bugs in latest vlc?

mvw michael at mvw.net
Tue Aug 14 05:15:14 CEST 2001

Hello

I just downloaded and compiled/made/installed the latest videolan. On my
fairly high-end system, I see quite a few problems.

1. Playback is very jerky! Video output is very jerky and unreliable. It
is hard to watch "I Caludius", for instance. The picture keeps halting,
and distorting. Could this be the css decoder slowing things down?

2. When I resize the screen,eventually the app crashes. The error is:
vout: video display resized (719x575)
vout: video display resized (683x536)
vout: video display resized (629x494)
vout: video display resized (683x536)
vout: video display resized (548x437)
Gdk-ERROR **: BadAccess (attempt to access private resource denied)

3. I end up with many vlc tasks left in my task list.

My system is:
 Athlon 1 GHz / 512 MB RAM
 GeForce 2 nVidia 32 MB graphics card
 RedHat 7.1, upgraded tokernel 2.4.3-12

Anything else I can do to help debug this? Please let me know!

Thanks, and thanks for great code

Michael
mvw at mvw.net