VLC + ATI +WIN2k

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Aug 14 21:03:47 CEST 2001

On Tuesday 14 August 2001 7:47 pm, Rob Cavicchio wrote:
> I'm pretty sure I have the latest driver installed already.  That was part
> of rebuilding the machine.  Unfortunately, the AccelGraphics Web site seems
> to have disappeared, but I've got the current driver from the Gateway site,
> which is where I got the PC.

This what I just found on the internet. It looks like Permedia2 is an old
chipset and it doesn't support YUV overlay (so no hopes for you unless you
buy a new video card :_(

Q: Does the CVPPC have internal MPEG or VideoOverlay support?
A: The permedia2 neither has internal mpg decoding support, nor video overlay.
   It does have internal 3D support. See: TVP4020 ADVANCED VIDEO PROCESSING -
TI's page
   "The TVP4020 is also capable of high-resolution (1024 x 768) MPEG1 and
    2 playback at a full 30 frames/second using a CPU-based software decoder.
    An integrated YUV to RGB color space converter reduces CPU and bus
A: Overlay is not supported in the way like it is on the ViRGE or Cirrus5446.
It can only be emulated using the texture engine. This is still currently
unanswered as to the benefit.

--
Gildas