FW: Bugs in latest vlc?

Marcel J.E. Mol marcel at mesa.nl
Tue Aug 14 22:59:06 CEST 2001

On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 09:14:38PM +0100, Gildas Bazin wrote:
> On Tuesday 14 August 2001 7:26 pm, Michael Willems wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > > 1. Playback is very jerky! Video output is very jerky and unreliable. It
> > > is hard to watch "I Caludius", for instance. The picture keeps halting,
> > > and distorting. Could this be the css decoder slowing things down?

> > stated by the log you sent). Try to get XVideo to work (upgrading XFree
> > to 4.0 or 4.1 is a necessary step, for instance).
> >
> > OK. I have a recent XFree, 4.1.

> > Yes.
> > Michael
> >

> I thought Xfree4.0.3 onwards supported Xvideo out of the box for GeForce
> based cards... well maybe not.
> Anyway you can use the linux driver provided by nvidia (www.nvidia.com) this
> one should support Xvideo.

But then again you might run into the same problems as I did: my geforce
seems to have 2 'adaptors' and only shows proper video on the second.
VLC just picks the first one... I did sent a patch to this list to 'fix'
that a couple of days ago.

-Marcel
--
     ======--------         Marcel J.E. Mol                MESA Consulting B.V.