Everything is BLACK... RedHat 7.0, w/- XFree 4.1, ATI RageMob&GLibC 2.2

Hamish Marson hmarson at attglobal.net
Mon Aug 20 17:39:20 CEST 2001

Michael Flohr wrote:

> Hamish Marson wrote:
>
> > Michael Flohr wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have the same notebook, an A20p.
> > > DVD playback is just gorgeous (much better colors and crispiness of
> > > the picture than WinDVD, in my opinion), and performance is now at
> > > around 15% CPU.
> > > I use XFree 4.0.1 (yes, that is an old version, but it works very
> > > fine with me) with the r128_drv.o module out from CVS. Xvideo and SDL
> >
> > >From which CVS? Gatos? Or the XFree86 CVS? What version is it?
>
> Look at  http://www.zhlive.ch/zhl_contents_linux.html, where I found
> many hints regarding Linux on an A20p. The r128_drv.o  I use can be
> found there.

Ah right. I stopped trying that when I went to XFree 4.0.2 (Now at 4.1.0).

Currently (With XFree86 v4.1.0) I'm down to it only stops working when the
thinkpad has been hibernated (As you suggested). Not sure why, because it
appears to be the only piece of software that has this problem... Everything
else works fine (I have some other SDL software that works fine after a
hibernate... I guess vlc is doing something slightly different).

I also tried the gatos driver... It appears to be completely broken with my
current setup, with nasty green interference at the bottom of the XVideo
window that extends right across the whole display (Had that with 4.02 and
4.10 XFree's when trying to use the Gatos stuff). Mind you I'm not sure the
Gatos stuff gives you much more than the bog standard 4.1.0 drivers now...

--

I don't suffer from Insanity...
        I enjoy every minute of it...