vlc 0.2.83 On OSX

Luke Sands luke.sands at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 31 16:51:58 CEST 2001

Barry

Thanks very much Barry, but how exactly would I do this? I am very sorry
but i'm a novice.

Thanks in advance
Luke

Luke,
I had the same problem when I was trying to get vlc cvs to compile.  I
think that some flag
doesn't get picked up in the configure, or maybe it is related to the
-soname option
issue.  I assume this problem will go away when libtool gets used.
Nonetheless, you can either adjust the makefile to not specify the extra
library name, or just run the cc command that failed without the
'libdvdcss.so.0' (you will need to be in the proper directory -- iirc
extras/libdvdcss)

Cheers,
Barry