choppier in 0.2.91

Jeremy Bailin jbailin at as.arizona.edu
Tue Dec 4 06:42:14 CET 2001

> Could you try 0.2.91 with vlc -V sdl ?

Interesting.

So first, I'd been using 0.2.90, not 0.2.91 like I mistakenly wrote.
Xvideo in 0.2.91 is clearly better than 0.2.90, but marginely worse than
in 0.2.82.

SDL in 0.2.91 is *impeccable* as far as image quality goes. :-)=  But I'm
having weird problems with fullscreen mode - very different problems than other
people are reporting. I'm using the gnome interface. When I do a
fullscreen with the default SDL window, the rest of the screen vanishes,
but the size of the video image is still the size of the original window.
The way I used to get around this in 0.2.82 was to maximize the window
first and then fullscreen it. In 0.2.91, maximizing the window works as
expected, but when I try to go to fullscreen mode to get rid of the
border, it works intermittently - the border will disappear and reappear
randomly on timescales of a second or so. It's not just a visual artifact
- if I click on unmaximizing the border when it's there, it unmaximizes.

(this has all been tested with the APBL2000 DVD, region 1... at least I
assume it's region 1 - it doesn't say so explicitly, but it does say "for
North America only")

--
Jeremy Bailin            /
jbailin at as.arizona.edu  |  "The determined Real Programmer