Mac OS X

neil epstein neps at mac.com
Thu Dec 6 14:03:24 CET 2001

> Could you tell me what configure says for these lines :
> checking if $CC groks Altivec inline assembly...
> checking if $CC groks Altivec C extensions...
> checking if linker needs -framework vecLib..

checking if $CC groks Altivec inline assembly... no
checking if $CC groks Altivec C extensions... -faltivec
checking if linker needs -framework vecLib... yes

> Do you have a standard compiler ? Do older versions (0.2.91, 0.2.90)
> compile on your machine ?

I have the compiler that comes with the Dev Tools of OS X 10.1. Yes,
older version had compiled on my machine. A CVS on Sunday worked. 0.2.90
worked. 0.2.91 worked. CVS between the two worked. Of course this is
saying the building worked, not necessarily the player.

neil