Mac OS X

neps at mac.com neps at mac.com
Thu Dec 6 16:39:12 CET 2001

On Thursday, December 6, 2001, at 10:25 AM, neps at mac.com wrote:

> Okay, that one did build. But I am now on a different computer (a g4
> tower as opposed to a g3 laptop) so I'll have to try it again at home
> to see if the issue is truely resolved. I don't have any DVDs here, so
> I can't check to see if it actually plays.
>
> Thanks,
>
> neil.

Okay, I found a burned DVD of a presenation we did at work, and I tried
it out. I was able to open the .vob file from the VLC menu system and it
worked. But when I try from the command line by doing "./vlc
dvd:/dev/rdisk1" I still get the same trouble. VLC starts to launch, but
hangs with the menu bar blank.

Thoughts?