SCSI DVD Drive and MacOSX

Diedrich Vorberg diedrich at tux4web.de
Sat Dec 8 02:19:01 CET 2001

Greetings,

I am trying to watch DVDs on my new G4. I did own a SCSI DVD drive
before, so I didn't have one built in when I ordered it. Unfortunately
vcl gives me this error message:

libdvdcss error: css error: ioctl_ReadCopyright failed, make sure there is a DVD in the drive, and that DVD ioctls were compiled in this libdvdcss version
libdvdcss error: CSS test failed

when I try to start it. It seams that Darwin's DVD driver does not
provide the required functionality. Is that correct? The drive itself
works and I can access the files on it. Isn't that enough to play
DVDs?

Regards Diedrich

--
           _..._                            Diedrich Vorberg
         .'     '.
        | (o)_(o) |                         info at tux4web.de
         //'._.'\ \           /     \       Internet Dienstleistungen
        //   .   \ \          \. at -@./       und 'Consulting'.
       |\   :     / |        //  _  \\      Linux Rules!