Newbie Question: Problems on Mac OS X

Andreas Gschwendtner a.gschwendtner at gmx.de
Wed Dec 12 14:53:22 CET 2001

Sorry, I still don't understand it: When I rip a DVD using DVDExtractor
(or similar tools like "Smartripper" for Windows PCs) CSS should be
removed, schouldn't it?
Another thing: When I rip a DVD chapter by chapter I can play _some_
VOBs (chapters) but not all of them. But on the source DVD everything is
CSS scrambled, isn't it? So playback should either work for all files
ripped of the _same_ DVD or for none of them. It doesnt make much sense
to me that - for example - chapter 1, 4, 7, and 9 on a DVD should be CSS
encrypted, while the other chapters are unencrypted. Any suggestions?

Thanks, Andreas G

--
Andreas Gschwendtner
Gartenstr. 12