debian compile and runtime errors

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Wed Feb 14 20:54:25 CET 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001, Tom wrote:

> possible. however, I just updated to 1.0.8-5 and the errors remain.
> should I try a 1.1 version? (it has horrible dependencies, meaning that
> I won't try unless it's necessary)

   Unfortunately, you will have to. The SDL plugin in vlc needs at
least version 1.1.6, and 1.1.8 (which is not even in sid yet) would be
even better since it fixes a lot of bugs which may prevent the vlc from
working.

   If you do not run XFree4, or do not intend to use hardware
acceleration, you may want to wait until the plain X11 video output
module is fixed in vlc instead, I expect to have it done in a few hours
(check the CVS).

--
Sam.