ALSA sound and subtitles

Daniel Podlejski underley at underley.eu.org
Thu Feb 15 10:36:28 CET 2001

Hi,

I successful compile vcl on my Debian Progeny with 2.4.0 kernel
(without fb, glide etc). And I'd try to play DVD (Devil's Advocate
for region 2). Video is fine, but sound on alsa is shattered.
After unload alsa driver and load OSS module audio works fine.
So something is wrong with alsa support.
Another problem is subtitles display. Is total broken.
Only some subtitles are correctly displayed. Most of them
looks like snow on out of tune tv screen.

--
Daniel Podlejski <underley at underley.eu.org>
   ... Confusion will be my epitaph. As I crawl a cracked and broken path