How to turn plugin support off?

Tom tom at lemuria.org
Thu Feb 15 18:04:12 CET 2001

On Thu, Feb 15, 2001 at 11:44:51AM -0500, Lavall?e Marc wrote:
> > there IS a serious legitimate use for it.
>
> You mean, using vlc with integrated decss is "more"
> legitimate than using xine with the decss plugin?

yes. I've been through the legal crap for over a year now, and you
wouldn't believe just how crappy it is.

> For me, it looks the same... I tought the decss
> case was about its distribution, not its use.

if it were that simple. but the movie mafia is trying to blur the lines
wherever possible. they know that in any straight and honest trial,
they'd be little more than laughing stock.

anyways, this is a little off topic. let's let it rest at that I THINK
the built-in decss is an important difference.

--
-- http://www.lemuria.org
-- http://www.Nexus-Project.net