A few questions

Christophe Massiot massiot at via.ecp.fr
Mon Feb 19 12:25:44 CET 2001

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001, Vidar Madsen wrote:

> I get the occational SIGSEGV, and I'd like to help out. I'm no newbie to
> programming, so it's almost embarrasing to ask, but how do you guys go
> about debugging this thing? Is there a "secret" option to compile or run
> without threads? ;) (GDB halts on "unknown signal

First, compile with --disable-optimizations, then if gdb halts try
to type "cont". If you find interesting information, please report
to vlc-devel at videolan.org.

> Has there been any work done on a "real" DVD-player interface (with menus
> for scene selections, special features, all that stuff)?

That won't be easy since the player hasn't been built for interaction.

> Oh, and to whom it may concern; The anoncvs seems to have gone AWOL;
> "Connection refused".

It seems so to me, too. Try with cvs.via.ecp.fr instead of cvs.videolan.org
until it's fixed.

--
Christophe Massiot.