[ANN] vlc 0.2.62

Zenja Solaja solaja at ali.com.au
Wed Feb 21 03:14:53 CET 2001

I've just tried it with a M2V file (MPEG2) which I created with Adobe
Premiere 5.1 and finally it plays in BeOS 5.03Pro.  Yeah.  Well, at least
the first 10 seconds play (CPU meter to max) and then it stops decompressing
the video (CPU meter drops to 10-20%) while the audio continues playing and
no errors show in the terminal window.  Anyway, this is great progress since
6 months ago this very same video kept on bombing the vlc client.  The VLC
options look very promising, and this project seems to be making great
strides.  Anyway, if anyone from the VideoLan team visits Melbourne, I'll
treat them to all the beer they can drink.  And I mean the good stuff (VB).

FYI - M2V is 720x576 at 25Hz, 32bpp, 48KHz stereo, unencrypted, 3:30min long.
I created this video back in June, so I don't remember the exact settings,
but I'm pretty sure I used 8Mbps (=1MB/s => 210MB for 210sec of video).

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.