vlc not working

Alberto Zanoni alberto.zanoni at tiscalinet.it
Thu Jan 25 18:47:56 CET 2001

Hello,
	I have some problems in order to make vlc working: first of all, I get
the following error if I do the advise configure

./configure --prefix=/usr --enable-mmx --enable-gnome

and then make. Make work for a bit, and at a certain point gives me

cc -DSYS_LINUX -Iinclude -I/usr/local/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -Wall -Winline -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -O6 -ffast-math -funroll-loops -fargument-noalias-global -fomit-frame-pointer -malign-double -march=pentium -DHAVE_MMX `gnome-config --cflags gnomeui` -c -o plugins/gnome/intf_gnome.o plugins/gnome/intf_gnome.c
/bin/sh: gnome-config: command not found
plugins/gnome/intf_gnome.c:57: gnome.h: No such file or directory
In file included from plugins/gnome/intf_gnome.c:62:
plugins/gnome/intf_gnome_support.h:5: gnome.h: No such file or directory
make: *** [plugins/gnome/intf_gnome.o] Error 1

So I tryed to compile without the gnome option, and it compiles, but when I try
to use it it simply stops. I try with the command (having a dvd in the dvd
reader)

vcl /mnt/cdrom/video_ts/vts_01_1.vob

But nothing happens.

I really didn't understand how to use vcl to see dvds. Can you help me ? What
can I do to overcome the compiling error ?

Many thanks in advance to the ones who will help me.
								Alberto

alberto.zanoni at tiscalinet.it