troubleshouting

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 3 09:49:23 CEST 2001

maytag Wrote:

>heya... im getting segmentation faults at start up...
>sometimes it will play the movie for a bit... with sound from alsa
>650 duron, asus a7v, 256ram, 32mg geforce mx, mandrake 8... 2.4.3 kernel
>nvidia drivers version 1(current)
>almost full install of mandrake with barely anything else added...
>well... thats about all i can think of.... yawn... i need sleep
>thanks.. maytag

Somebody has already reported a problem with the xvideo output on vlc 0.2.80 (I assume this is what you are using since you have the nvidia driver). First you can try to use another video output by running:
"vlc --vout x11"
If you are brave enough you can also try to compile yourself an up to date vlc from CVS...

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)