FreeBSD and ports vs. vlc

Scott Lambert lambert at lambertfam.org
Mon Jul 9 09:25:03 CEST 2001

On Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 08:52:24AM +0200, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 17:26:40 +0200
> Mario Loefler <mario.loefler at chello.at> wrote:
>
> > Try linking your directories to the one needed by vlc.
>
> ... hmm... why didn't I think of this myself? ;)
>
> hmm... but this isn't what I would call a "clean" solution but more like a
> hack. Wouldn't there be any caveats with this procedure?

I'm still working on getting all the parts lined up to make it compile.

Thus far:
In plugins/sdl/vout_sdl.c I've changed the SDL include to:
	#include <SDL11/SDL.h>
In Makefile.opts, I've changed CFLAGS_GTK = to:
	CFLAGS_GTK = -I/usr/X11R6/include/gtk12 -I/usr/local/include/glib12

I'm still getting syntax errors in /usr/include/netinet/in.h when compiling
plugins/vout_sdl.c.  So, I've removed sdl from the build.

Everything else has compiled and I am now playing with the gnome-vlc interface
trying to get it to play a DVD.

--
Scott Lambert                          Unix SysAdmin -- Looking for work.
lambert at lambertfam.org     http://www.lambertfam.org/~lambert/resume.html