Newbie stuff

John Baker jbaker at teamenergy.com
Mon Jul 9 13:17:51 CEST 2001

Hello.

I'm new to videolan, but not new to Linux. So that's a good start. First
point, Videolan rocks. Well done to everyone who brought us this!

Now I'm trying to suss out the videolan server. I've downloaded the source
(untared to VLANserver) but it totally fails to compile.

jbaker at yoghurt:~/VLANserver > make
Creating deps directory
Compiling server/server.c
server/server.c:34: ucd-snmp/asn1.h: No such file or directory
server/server.c:35: ucd-snmp/snmp.h: No such file or directory
server/server.c:36: ucd-snmp/snmp_impl.h: No such file or directory
server/server.c:37: ucd-snmp/default_store.h: No such file or directory
server/server.c:38: ucd-snmp/snmp_api.h: No such file or directory
server/server.c:39: ucd-snmp/snmp_client.h: No such file or directory
server/server.c:40: ucd-snmp/mib.h: No such file or directory

etc

So am I on the wrong track? Is there some other binary that is knocking about
on videolan.org that is a compiled VLANserver?

Also, I've downloaded the i686 RPM. Does this come with SDL support, etc? And
does it work out what will work and load the appropriate module, vlan module
that is. Ie does it figure out if the video card will support SDL, and if so,
use it?

I've got a shiny new Dell Inspiron 8000, with an ATI Mobility M3. Not really
sure what kind of SDL support this will have :-)

Cheers!

John Baker