Newbie stuff

John Baker jbaker at teamenergy.com
Mon Jul 9 13:40:27 CEST 2001

On Monday 09 July 2001 12:20 pm, you wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 09, 2001, John Baker wrote:
> > Now I'm trying to suss out the videolan server. I've downloaded the
> > source (untared to VLANserver) but it totally fails to compile.
>
>    VLANserver is not the VideoLAN server but the VLAN server, as the
> documentation on the website states. The VideoLAN server is currently
> available only through the public CVS.

Whee, So it compiles. And the vls.cfg flle looks lt's already preconfiguded
to use dvd. However the telnet interface seems to be beating me now.

@vls> start
Provider: Telnet
Error: -1
Info: Invalid command

I'm a little unsure how I get it to start streaming.

Or have I misunderstood this, and is the Readme correct in stating at the
moment it can only stream mpeg files?

Ta :)