FreeBSD and ports vs. vlc

Rens Houben shadur at hiryuu.systemec.nl
Mon Jul 9 21:53:23 CEST 2001

In other news for Mon, Jul 09, 2001 at 08:52:24AM +0200, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen has been seen typing:
> On Sun, 08 Jul 2001 17:26:40 +0200
> Mario Loefler <mario.loefler at chello.at> wrote:

> > Try linking your directories to the one needed by vlc.
>
> ... hmm... why didn't I think of this myself? ;)

> hmm... but this isn't what I would call a "clean" solution but more like a
> hack. Wouldn't there be any caveats with this procedure?

Call me crazy, but I seem to recall a set of "programs" named sdl-config,
gtk-config, etc. which basically when called properly supply the exact
set of C/C++ flags or linker flags required to properly compile these
things.

For that matter, I'm fairly sure vlc's configure script checks for and
uses those programs.

So what exactly is the problem?

> Bjarne

Shad.