Choppy dvd playback+xvideo gets better by pressing twice "F"

Stefan Nicolin moi at gmx.de
Tue Jul 10 18:14:53 CEST 2001

Hi

Firt congratulation for vlc, it works great (almost :)
I have a strange problem with vlc here. When playing DVD with xvideo output the playback gets jerky after
some time. But wehn pressing the key F twice (switching from fullscreen back, and again to fullscreen) the
playback is ok for the next minutes. First I thought it may be a drive speed problem (master udma 66
hardisk and the dvd drive are on the same ide bus). As it happens all again, and the playback is very good
after using the F trick, it might not be a speed problem.
Vlc ist at 0.2.80
Im running slackware 8.0 with Xfree86 4.1.0 and the nvidia binary driver 1-0.1251

Any help would be apreciated
Stefan