bits and pieces

John Baker jbaker at teamenergy.com
Tue Jul 10 15:14:56 CEST 2001

Hi!

Does vlc have any 'statistics' to tell me how many frames per second it's
drawing, etc? Also, does it have the aspect ratio setting stuff. I can'only
seem to find default window sizes when running non-fullscreen?

And finally, I've copiled a version with the --enable-kde option and I cant
get any kind of kde interface. Also, vlc doesn't seem to save the current
preferences anywhere. Should it? I've tried setting the default interface to
kde (even though it isnt in the drop down menu - oddly enough the Gnome
interface appears when it starts yet there is only gtk in the drop down
menu!) and it seems to ignore me.

Cheers

John (Happily just about watching dvds at work)