vlc bug report

Samuel Hocevar sam at zoy.org
Thu Jul 12 03:09:54 CEST 2001

On Wed, Jul 11, 2001, Frederik Dannemare wrote:

> Hardware specs: IBM ThinkPad T21 with Savage 3D graphics card.
> OS specs: Debian Woody using XFree86 4.0.3.
>
> The segfault gives me no error output to stdout. Can I look elsewhere
> for error output? Also, let me know if you need any further details
> about my system specs.

   I have similar hardware and operating system. Try a few things:

   - the '-v', '-vv' and so on flags for more verbosity
   - the '-V x11' flag to use software rendering

   By the way, are you using Tim Robert's X11 Savage driver [1] ? It
has excellent support for XVideo and works fairly well here. Under
Debian you only need to download the binary version and overwrite the
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/savage_drv.o file (and do this again on
each X System package upgrade).

[1] http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html
--
Sam.