1 of my DVD's will not play, all others play fine!

Bruce Garlock bruceg at tiac.net
Fri Jul 13 12:29:38 CEST 2001

I am not sure why, but one of my DVD's will not play under vlc.  All my
other onecs play fine.  The name of the DVD is "Caddyshack".  The only
difference that this movie is from all my other DVD's, is that it is
"mono", and not "stereo".  I can play the movie with XINE and OGLE.  The
crazy thing is, that XINE, and OGLE will not play all of my other DVD's,
which vlc plays fine!  I would like to use vlc to play all my DVD's, so
I'm hoping someone can explain to me why this one DVD will not play.

I don't get any errors, the window never pops up, and the GUI becomes
"frozen".  I have tried to launch vlc with --mono, and that made no
difference.

RH 7.1, kernel 2.4.4
Pioneer SCSI DVD 305s
Matrox G400