videolan parameters

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Sun Jul 15 17:36:52 CEST 2001

On Sunday 15 July 2001 1:07 pm, jean ribiere wrote:

> Problably I missed something but with  --aout or -A any parameter, valid or
> not is accepted (esd, dsp, foo) but I have always a message :
> "aout: no aout present, spawning one"

This is the normal behaviour. That means that vlc will use audio.

> I have also a message :
> "vpar synchro warning dts != current pts(-222667)"
> (the value can change)

I don't really know about this one, but I guess this means a picture has been
discarded because it was too late (in an mpeg2 stream, pictures have an
associated time stamp).

> An other problem is, if I configure with --enable-trace, at running time I
> have messages :
> "undefined symbol _intf_DbgMsg"
> for lib/dsp.so sdl.so and xvideo.so.

Yes, this is a known problem (I will fix this). But you shouldn't really have
to use the --enable-trace option. All this does is output a lot of debug
messages to a file when you run vlc. But it will really slow down things.

--
Gildas