PAL DVD's

Gildas Bazin gbazin at netcourrier.com
Tue Jul 17 12:30:19 CEST 2001

On Tue, 17 Jul 2001 Steve Johnston Wrote:

>I've got vlc working fine except for one thing, the colour. I'm in the UK so
>my DVD's are all PAL. I've seen NTSC videos on a pal system run in black and
>white and it looks like the same thing is happening here but in reverse.
>Does anyone know if I can change the settings in vlc so that it plays it as
>pal.

There's no such thing as PAL or NTSC in the mpeg2 world (except the fact that the video can be encoded at the NTSC or PAL framerate or size).
So if you are watching a DVD on your computer screen, that won't make any difference if the DVD is designed for NTSC or PAL.

If you are watching your DVD on a TV and thus are using the TV-out capability of your video card, then the problem could be with your graphics card TV output.

--
Gildas

Une gamme d'outils gratuits et performants à votre service.
Web/Wap : www.netcourrier.com
Téléphone/Fax : 08 92 69 00 21 (0,34 E TTC/min - 2,21 F TTC/min)
Minitel: 3615 NETCOURRIER (0,15 E TTC/min - 1,00 F TTC/min)